Tuesday 4 February 2014

A twist to bolognaise!

Many moons ago, a girlfriend had come over so we had opened a bottle of Zinfandel. We weren't able to finish the wine (not that it happens often :) )....thankfully, it was one of those bottles that had a resealable cap so i just stuck stuck it in the coldest part of the fridge and totally forgot about it.

As Ruh was having a cold and anything dairy was out of the question (he loves bechamel sauce btw!)...i decided to make Spaghetti Bolognaise!




By the way, did I mention that I am an internet shopping freak? Most specially when it comes to foodstuff not available around here, I will definitely order it! So whilst I was surfing on Vitacost.com, I had chanced upon this pasta made with artichoke flour…"hmmm, that sounds interesting, and healthy, right?!"

So with my pot of artichoke spaghetti bubbling away, i started on my bolognaise sauce. I'm not putting the recipe because i'm sure everyone has their own version.  With mine, I actually add pork sausage to my bolognaise sauce. You can also add fresh chopped Italian parsley as well.

Don't use tomato paste and if you are putting any wine (red wine is actually fantastic and adds a depth of flavour!)...add it before you put the chopped tomatoes in.... that way, the alcohol evaporates and makes for a yummier sauce.

 Always check the color, sauce is ready when the oil comes out and makes the sauce all shiny!



I check my artichoke spaghetti to see if it’s al dente (artichoke pasta actually takes 5 mins longer to cook than regular pasta) and voila!




Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment